Pet Kitten Contract
Breeder • Melissa Horn • firstname.lastname@example.org
1. I, _____________________________, Buyer of the kitten/cat coming under this agreement, do hereby agree to all terms in this contract and agree that all terms shall be binding.
2. This kitten/cat (name)________________________________________ was sold as a Pet for the sum of __________________, Show for the sum of _________________, or Breeder for the sum of ____________________ due in full at the time of signing this contract. If kitten/cat is used other than what kitten/cat is sold as. The difference in price will be payable and due to Breeder no later than 4 months after sold date or immediately whichever is the later. The kitten/cat must be neutered/ spayed by the age of 7 months if not sold as a breeder with proof provided by Buyers and/ or Buyer’s veterinarian, otherwise Breeders price is due immediately. Only after neuter/spay certificate present to Breeder, the Breeder will provide the Buyer with registration papers. Buyer gives permission for veterinarian to communicate and provide documentation for proof of the neuter/spay to Breeder. Buyer gives the Breeder permission to have access to this kitten/cat veterinarian records at all times after the sale of this kitten/cat.
3. Breeder guarantees the kitten/cat to be in good health at the time of sale and will provide papers indicating such health from a licensed veterinary. This kitten/cat is guaranteed of sound health for a period of 72 hours upon delivery or arrival and if vetted within that time. All vaccination records will be provided to the purchaser. Breeder agrees to replace the kitten/cat in the event that any genetic disease is present within one year of sale. Buyer shall present to the Breeder a signed veterinary necropsy report indicating such disease.
4. Buyer accepts the responsibility of caring for the kitten/cat and will provide properly for its welfare. Buyer agrees to keep the kitten/cat indoors at all times in a clean and pleasant environment, uncaged and with proper nutrition, health care, and companionship. Buyer agrees to provide annual health care including regular inoculations and veterinary services as required to maintain a healthy kitten/cat, who will reside with the Buyer. If kitten/cat is to be found neglected or in ill health for an unreasonable length of time. Buyer will surrender kitten/cat to Breeder unconditionally.
5. Buyer agrees that if the kitten/cat is found to be neglected or mistreated, Breeder shall have the unconditional right to reclaim the kitten/cat WITHOUT refund of purchase price. Neglect shall include, but is not limited to: being left alone without human companionship for periods in excel of 72 hours; lack of proper sanitary facilities; being caged; poor diet; poor health and otherwise poor condition. Mistreatment shall include, but is not limited to: lack of proper food, lack of water and physical abuse. Buyer will be responsible for any veterinary bills directly incurred as a result of any neglect or mistreatment.
6. Under no circumstances will this kitten/cat be sold, leased, given away, or placed with any pet shop, research laboratory or similar facility during the lifetime of the kitten/cat. In the event that the Buyer can no longer care for the kitten/cat for any reason, including the incapacitation or death of the Buyer, kitten/cat is to be returned to Breeder for placement without refund of any kind. Kitten/cat shall be returned at the expense of the Buyer. Breeder reserves the right to find another suitable pet home. Buyer agrees to tell family members about this clause. If the Buyer wishes to transfer ownership of the kitten/cat, the Breeder permission must be given and the new owner must agree to abide by the terms of this contract.
7. Buyer understand that declawing is a mutilation involving the amputation of a large portion of the kitten/cat toes and which is likely to alter the kitten/cat temperament and health. Buyer agrees that Breeder cannot insure the temperament or health of any kitten/cat which has been declawed. Buyer agrees that this kitten/cat was sold with the understanding that it will never be declawed. I suggest clipping the claws every 10-14 days and providing a suitable scratching post at all times.
8. Breeder and Buyer agree that the kitten/cat described herein is unique in character.
9. It is further agreed by both Buyer and Breeder that this guarantee of health is void if the Buyer has the kitten vaccinated for FeLV or FIP in the first year of his/her life. The Buyer is advised that vaccination with any vaccine for Feline Infectious Peritonitis (FIP), Feline Leukemia, Bortatella and Modified Live and Live Chlamydia will result in a breach of this contract. There is no scientific evidence that vaccines are 100% safe and/or effective and evidence has shown they may cause illness.
10. In the event that the kitten/cat is returned to the breeder due to relinquished rights resulting from failure to comply with this agreement, said kitten/cat shall be tested for Feline Leukemia Virus (FeLV) and a veterinarian shall certify such test is Negative. Said certificate of negative results shall be sent to the Breeder. A veterinary health certificate showing a clean bill of health and a negative fecal specimen shall also be provided to the Breeder at the present owner/buyer’s expense.
11. If the Feline Leukemia Virus (FeLV) test is positive, the kitten/cat shall be euthanized by the humane means at the present owner’s expense.
12. Breeder reserves the right to refuse the sale of any kitten or cat for any reason.
13. Breeder has the unconditional right to reclaim the kitten/cat without refund of purchase price for any breach of contract.
14. The Breeder will allow for a two week adjustment period during which time the kitten/cat may be returned for a full refund less $200.00 deposit. Any cost for testing kitten/cat for feline leukemia will be the Buyer’s expense. After the two week period, any refund will be at the Breeder discretion.
15. Any attorney fees and court fees which should arise from breach of this contract will be paid by the Buyer of the kitten/cat identified herein.
16. The parties acknowledge that is contract was made in the state of Pennsylvania and that if any legal action is instituted the parties agree that the proper jurisdiction and venue lies in Pennsylvania, in the residency county of the Breeder.
17. The undersigned are entering into this contract in good faith, Buyer acknowledges that he/she has read, fully understands with clear understanding and in agreement to this contract’s terms and conditions of the above sale.
Cat Fanciers Association/CFA Purebred Pedigreed Siamese: